Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cayenne crash test.....failed?
retrotech
post Dec 25 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #1

retrotech

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,302

This Cayenne is on E Bay now. I am amazed that it didn't hold up better. Looks like it might have been rear of Semi trailer.
I think the bidding was at $500. That would make a super alien!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DuckRyder
post Dec 27 2004, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 110

QUOTE (GWN7 @ Dec 27 2004, 12:21 AM)

While we tape the pillers like the one shown (wrapped in duck tape) we (and most fire depts) would have cut both A pillars and then put two notches in the roof behind the front seat area. This would allow the roof to be folded compleatly back to allow any patients to be removed. The whole windshield would have been removed even if only 1 pillar was cut. But I wasn't there when it happened so I'm not sure why just the one was cut or if it was. It looks like the passenger pillar was cut with a sawsall from the clean cut (Jaws crush and pinch them)

The pillar was probably taped by the salvage dealer (lawsuits and all)

I've seen plenty of them done like that in the southeast (even as far west as Texas) I have no idea what the correct procedure is since I'm not a fire-resue guy, but I've seen lots of wrecks and lots of salvage, and it is pretty common to see one pillar cut.

Anyway, the groups assesment of the value is probably right on not much useable on it. Oil under it could be from an oil cooler, line or oil filter, but I would sure as heck want to look at it in person before I bid more than a token amount.

Saying it failed a crash test is unfair without knowing the facts, like what it hit and how fast.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
retrotech   Cayenne crash test.....failed?   Dec 25 2004, 10:33 PM
Mueller     Dec 26 2004, 12:00 AM
skline   What a waste. Thats all I can say.   Dec 26 2004, 12:03 AM
wheelo   A Good Reminder.... to drive SAFE !! Duri...   Dec 26 2004, 12:46 AM
ejm   Link to the auction   Dec 26 2004, 06:20 AM
synthesisdv   imagine what a 914 would've looked like <...   Dec 26 2004, 10:10 AM
seanery   at least one idjut from this club bid on it http://www.914world.com/bbs2/ht...   Dec 26 2004, 08:26 PM
GWN7     Dec 26 2004, 10:21 PM
neo914-6   Anyone in LA have time to go take some measurement...   Dec 27 2004, 03:57 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 06:51 AM