Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> FedEx Blows, Bad Service All Around
windforfun
post Jun 8 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,476
Region Association: None

I ordered a second new roll bar pad from AA with overnight delivery. Guess what? FedEx lost the package. I've told AA several times to use UPS. Oh & BTW, the first pad that I ordered came with very visible defects. It took about a week to get AA to send me another one. I'm getting too old for this horse shit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
horizontally-opposed
post Jun 9 2021, 08:24 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Once saw UPS lose a box with an entire magazine issue's worth of slides on the way to Japan for color separations. Those slides—the best from the various photographers in that issue—were lost forever. Whole magazine had to be laid out again with second-draft picks (thankfully not the magazine I was working on, but still awful to see for a fellow editor…and all those photographers).

Once saw USPS lose a rent check, only to get an angry call from my landlord. Drove a new check down there. MONTHS later, I get a picture from her in my email and an apology. The image is our rent check dirty and with a footprint on it (maybe it slid between a wall and a desk?).

Recently saw a major freight operation (pallet) ruin one a 917 center lock nut and its box with the fork on a forklift in Germany or here in the states, each one of those nuts individually numbered for our customers. Of course, the fork nailed the number. The rest of the pallet was just fine, fortunately.

Trying to remember if FedEx has lost or damaged anything in 20+ years of working with them, and coming up with…not much. Now knocking on wood, as I just read this.

Point is, stuff can happen. But I suppose the ratio—for all of the carriers I've worked with—is pretty darn amazing. Even if the occasional misses have been frustrating. I wonder if the ratio is better, worse, or same as it's ever been…but I have to think we're luckier when it comes to moving stuff around the globe than at just about any point in human history.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jun 11 2021, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jun 9 2021, 06:24 AM) *

Once saw UPS lose a box with an entire magazine issue's worth of slides on the way to Japan for color separations. Those slides—the best from the various photographers in that issue—were lost forever. Whole magazine had to be laid out again with second-draft picks (thankfully not the magazine I was working on, but still awful to see for a fellow editor…and all those photographers).

Once saw USPS lose a rent check, only to get an angry call from my landlord. Drove a new check down there. MONTHS later, I get a picture from her in my email and an apology. The image is our rent check dirty and with a footprint on it (maybe it slid between a wall and a desk?).

Recently saw a major freight operation (pallet) ruin one a 917 center lock nut and its box with the fork on a forklift in Germany or here in the states, each one of those nuts individually numbered for our customers. Of course, the fork nailed the number. The rest of the pallet was just fine, fortunately.

Trying to remember if FedEx has lost or damaged anything in 20+ years of working with them, and coming up with…not much. Now knocking on wood, as I just read this.

Point is, stuff can happen. But I suppose the ratio—for all of the carriers I've worked with—is pretty darn amazing. Even if the occasional misses have been frustrating. I wonder if the ratio is better, worse, or same as it's ever been…but I have to think we're luckier when it comes to moving stuff around the globe than at just about any point in human history.

I shot a group once for SPIN magazine, it was really hard getting the whole group together, FEDEX lost the film, they did deliver an empty envelope. Never got the group together again, lost in time.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
windforfun   FedEx Blows   Jun 8 2021, 09:21 PM
73-914   :agree: FedEx SUCKS   Jun 8 2021, 09:24 PM
Beach914   I ve ordered two sets of tires from Wallmart onlin...   Jun 8 2021, 09:36 PM
wonkipop   they are crap here too! it takes longer to get...   Jun 8 2021, 10:16 PM
windforfun   So I twice ordered some button or round head metri...   Jun 8 2021, 10:21 PM
bdstone914   So I twice ordered some button or round head metr...   Jun 9 2021, 05:25 AM
914Sixer   I always use Fedex and never had a problem. USPS ...   Jun 9 2021, 06:29 AM
mepstein   None of the companies are perfect but it beats dri...   Jun 9 2021, 07:46 AM
76-914   :agree: I was going to add that I've had probl...   Jun 9 2021, 07:58 AM
Mike Fitton   Your problem is with AA not FedEx! Providing a...   Jun 9 2021, 08:02 AM
horizontally-opposed   Once saw UPS lose a box with an entire magazine is...   Jun 9 2021, 08:24 AM
Unobtanium-inc   Once saw UPS lose a box with an entire magazine i...   Jun 11 2021, 07:54 AM
930cabman   Could this be a reflection of our work force? or p...   Jun 9 2021, 08:41 AM
ClayPerrine   I work as a server admin. We shipped some Dell se...   Jun 9 2021, 08:55 AM
wonkipop   I work as a server admin. We shipped some Dell s...   Jun 10 2021, 02:57 AM
Unobtanium-inc   I work as a server admin. We shipped some Dell s...   Jun 11 2021, 07:50 AM
914werke   Ive had similar experiances with all the cariers. ...   Jun 9 2021, 09:59 AM
90quattrocoupe   Me I like the post office. I get some parts from ...   Jun 10 2021, 12:48 PM
bkrantz   My gripe this week is with USPS, specifically the ...   Jun 10 2021, 08:38 PM
AZBanks   I'll find out on Monday how Fedex is doing. P...   Jun 10 2021, 09:32 PM
AZBanks   I guess my nuts wanted out of Oakland as fast as p...   Jun 14 2021, 05:54 PM
TomE   We live in an area you might call out of the way. ...   Jun 11 2021, 09:06 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:28 AM