Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which Fuse Has Constant Power in my '75?, Need To Connect Yellow "Memory" Wire on Stereo
Rick986
post Jul 1 2022, 02:27 PM
Post #1

0-60 in 14 seconds!

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,869
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Guys - I have maxed out my electrical brainpower and can't find an answer specific to my '75. Can a kind sole out there please give me the answer?

Red power wire is switched, yellow needs to stay hot. Thanks in advance....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GregAmy
post Jul 1 2022, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

S11 shows a red 4.0mm (~AWG6) going in, and a black/red 1.0mm (~AWG18) coming out. Red/Black also splices to a 0.5mm black going to the clock (if you have it), the seatbelt warning system...and red/black to the interior light.

The bigger red wire is one of the four Gang of Red that's attached directly to the battery. So if you tap it upstream of the fusebox (red wire) ensure to drop a fuse in it.

I never understood why VW/Porsche ran the Gang of Red without a fuse at the battery...<shrug>

Edit: BTW, these are all per the 1974 wiring diagram.
+Quote Post
Costa05
post Jul 1 2022, 06:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,535
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jul 1 2022, 04:28 PM) *

S11 shows a red 4.0mm (~AWG6) going in, and a black/red 1.0mm (~AWG18) coming out. Red/Black also splices to a 0.5mm black going to the clock (if you have it), the seatbelt warning system...and red/black to the interior light.

The bigger red wire is one of the four Gang of Red that's attached directly to the battery. So if you tap it upstream of the fusebox (red wire) ensure to drop a fuse in it.

I never understood why VW/Porsche ran the Gang of Red without a fuse at the battery...<shrug>

Edit: BTW, these are all per the 1974 wiring diagram.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) no fuses at all upstream at the battery is not good. I personally would run a new wire (circuit for your use) from battery and fuse it. Then go from there to whatever you are trying to power.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 12:39 AM