Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Targa Top Issues, Loose
NARP74
post Sep 5 2022, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,549
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have noticed some creaking coming from the rear targa top area when I drive. I lifted up on all four corners of the top and the right rear is loose. Even when the top is latched, I can lift it up a bit. That is probably my issue, but what is the fix?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jim_hoyland
post Sep 5 2022, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Yes the targa pad removal is a bear the first time you try it. Keith ( 914Toy) helped me R/R the pads so new latches could be installed.Here's a couple of tips I learned:
1. The twelve screws holding the pad to metal are very short and have a washer around the head of the screw.Using a #1 Phillips, unscrew each screw. The screw are not coming out:that washer helps keep the screw inside the pad.
2. Remove the B-pillar covers. Usually the coat hook has a screw, and 2/3 down there's
a #6 screw,which may be hard to see.
3. Carefully pry the pad loose, the latches will have to be manipulated to get the end of the pad off.
4. Install new latches.
5. Before reinstalling the targa pad, test the fit the top with the new latches.
6. If the latch seems really tight, put gasket material under the hooks where they attach to the roof. This will make the latch easie.

WE spend two hours on this, and could probably do it now in 30 minutes
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 12:02 PM