Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wheels and Tires for my 914-6 GT Project?
Tom1394racing
post Jan 27 2023, 07:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,039
Region Association: North East States

I would like to go with Minilites for the front and rear of my 914-6 GT project. I am considering the Mag style with 7X15 fronts and 8X15 rears. I would like to pair these with the Michelin TB15 tires. The sizes would be 18/60R15 (215/55-15) front and 23/62R15 (270/45-15) rears.

Anyone have experience with this combination on a GT clone? Will I require spacers on either the front or rear?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Retroracer
post Jan 27 2023, 11:18 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So on the question of spacers, part of the answer - fairly obviously - depends on the offset of the wheels you choose. In general, most wide body cars end up running large spacers on the front (25mm and wider) to both fill out the flares and and stop the tires rubbing on the inner fender.

On the rear, there are variables like 5-lug conversion that can make minor changes, but the need for spacers for 8x15 rims is either none or small (a few mm) for most Fuch rims (for example). Note the various "wider flare" options all look similar, but can vary dimensionally depending on the supplier and how they are fitted.

And in terms of tire diameter / gearing, as a data point: I run 215/60R15 rear tires with a 914-4 901 transmission; this translates to around 73mph at 3000rpm on my car. FYI, hope this helps,

- Tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 09:06 AM