Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Aero questions.
jmz
post Sep 2 2023, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,886
Region Association: None

Does this tail even do anything?

Decided to run the car with air dam and “tail” at next weeks race.

Been running in standard GT configuration most times. (Recently repainted back to original green)

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
sixaddict
post Sep 12 2023, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

I have been told as much by several people……but here’s a couple of points.
When buying the front spoiler from Sheridan he asked me how will I compensate out back. To me that meant I needed ( and had ) a wing. Secondly, from experience the car was much more stable in high speed turns….. ex: turn 9 at Road Atlanta is flat out
Without wing it would “dance” across the track whereas with wing it held the line even as the track drops down….
To me the down force (stability ) was worth the potential loss of top end……purely anecdotal but I guess seat of the pants can lie.
FWIW
+Quote Post
stownsen914
post Sep 23 2023, 08:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,985
Region Association: None

I'm finding that aero study a little hard to understand. The spoiler and wing configurations are listed as having negative values in the Downforce column. One way to interpret that is that they are providing "negative lift" which is what aerodynamicists call downforce. The wing and spoiler configurations both show negative values in the Downforce column. These should be higher downforce configurations, so I assume negative values mean negative lift i.e. downforce? Which would match conventional wisdom that these add-ons provide downforce.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:32 AM