Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Aftermarket 2.0L injectors and rails?
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 15 2023, 05:18 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Anyone used these? I thought there was a thread on them a couple years ago but could not locate it.

https://injector-rehab.com/product/complete...ctors-included/
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
gord
post Apr 19 2024, 07:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,334
Region Association: Canada

I'm bumping this thread because I just installed these in my car (a 1972 that was swapped to a 2.0 with D-Jet by a previous owner). I had 2 leaking injectors, and found the Injector Rehab solution after I was unable to successfully order 4 new hose-style injectors.

Some observations:

1) The overall quality is excellent, and everything you need to plumb it into the fuel line is included. The supplied AN fittings allow much better placement of the fuel hose as it comes into the rail than the factory setup.

2) Installing this requires modifying the factory fuel injection harness by removing the ancient D-Jet quick-connect spade connectors and replacing them with modern Jetronic connectors (not sure if this is what L-Jet already uses?). While everything you need to plumb the fuel line is included, you will need to source the electrical parts yourself (I found Jetronic connectors on Amazon, crimped them in and insulated with heat-shrink tubing).

3) It took me a couple of tries to get the new fuel injectors to seat correctly. I had a massive vacuum leak the first time I started the motor (idle was around 4000 rpm) and it was all because one injector was no longer seated properly. Basically you need to fiddle with them as you bolt down the rail so they don't move out of position while you're tightening it up.

Here are pictures of the completed install:

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:11 PM