|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
| Luke M |
Aug 14 2026, 07:08 PM
Post
#1
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,607 Joined: 8-February 05 From: WNY Member No.: 3,574 Region Association: North East States
|
I added another 914 to my collection. It's not that I don't have enough work to do on my 914-6 but this is more of a father and son project. I found this 73 2.0 appearance package is the southern tier of NY. I worked out a deal with the p/o and I picked it up today. I believe the org 2.0 engine was sold to a person in PA. I didn't care too much about that as I'm going to be installing a 6 into it. The car is pretty much complete other then the missing engine. It needs work in the usual spots but otherwise the chassis is in good shape. I took a few quick shots when I got it home but I'll take a few more on Sat.
Attached thumbnail(s) Attached image(s)
|
![]() ![]() |
| 930cabman |
Aug 17 2026, 01:15 PM
Post
#2
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 4,853 Joined: 12-November 20 From: Buffalo Member No.: 24,877 Region Association: North East States
|
hate to ask, but this will increase your collection to _? or is it double digits
|
| Luke M |
Aug 17 2026, 01:23 PM
Post
#3
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,607 Joined: 8-February 05 From: WNY Member No.: 3,574 Region Association: North East States
|
hate to ask, but this will increase your collection to _? or is it double digits Hi John, Three total Porsche vehicles. Two 914's and a Cayenne S. If you're ever out my way swing by, you have my number. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) I started cleaning out the interior today. I hate when people butcher the chassis to make things fit. I'd have to take a good pic of what I found today. I need to check the passenger side to see if it has the same issues. |
Luke M Picked up a 73 2.0 project Aug 14 2026, 07:08 PM
mepstein :beer2: Aug 14 2026, 08:22 PM
rick 918-S :popcorn: Aug 15 2026, 03:54 AM
930cabman :popcorn:
money shot(s)
another /6 project? Aug 15 2026, 06:42 AM
aharder :beer2: Aug 15 2026, 06:49 AM
Luke M I took a quick look at the 73 2.0 today. The right... Aug 15 2026, 06:17 PM
sixnotfour Are those ..No Crash Beam, Late window mechanism, ... Aug 16 2026, 01:42 AM
sixnotfour :driving: :headbanger: Aug 16 2026, 01:43 AM
Luke M
Are those ..No Crash Beam, Late window mechanism,... Aug 16 2026, 06:38 AM
mepstein “The plan for this one is a 6 conversion, 5 lug ... Aug 16 2026, 05:16 AM
Luke M
“The plan for this one is a 6 conversion, 5 lug... Aug 16 2026, 06:33 AM
mepstein
“The plan for this one is a 6 conversion, 5 lu... Aug 16 2026, 07:22 AM
Luke M
[quote name='Luke M' post='3268730' date='Aug 16 ... Aug 16 2026, 02:58 PM
930cabman
hate to ask, but this will increase your collect... Aug 17 2026, 02:59 PM
Luke M We started the disassembly portion of this build. ... Aug 19 2026, 05:35 PM
bkrantz Looks like buying a 914 with the sills already cut... Aug 19 2026, 08:14 PM
Luke M We got the 73 pretty much stripped minus the suspe... Aug 21 2026, 05:44 AM
914Sixer Clean car by most standards. :popcorn: Aug 21 2026, 06:01 AM
mepstein
Clean car by most standards. :popcorn:
:agree... Aug 21 2026, 06:51 AM
Luke M
Clean car by most standards. :popcorn:
:agre... Aug 24 2026, 01:37 PM
Luke M Got the door braces made up and installed. Started... Aug 27 2026, 03:02 PM
Luke M The 73 is on the rotisserie. We got the rear contr... Sep 2 2026, 05:07 PM
MikeK I like how you braced the door openings so that yo... Sep 3 2026, 09:12 AM
Luke M
I like how you braced the door openings so that y... Sep 3 2026, 03:12 PM
Luke M The front suspension is off. I'll be posting t... Sep 4 2026, 08:00 AM
Luke M We got the 73 outside and pressure washed. A lot o... Sep 4 2026, 07:48 PM
sixnotfour Nice..plus Factory sway bars and Bilstien struts..... Sep 4 2026, 08:21 PM
mepstein
Nice..plus Factory sway bars and Bilstien struts.... Sep 5 2026, 04:44 AM
sixnotfour
Nice..plus Factory sway bars and Bilstien struts... Sep 5 2026, 09:30 AM
Luke M I spent a little time yesterday looking over the r... Sep 10 2026, 05:02 AM
Luke M Prepping the right long for repair. :sawzall: :s... Sep 11 2026, 10:21 AM
MikeK Thanks for detailed photos of the door struts. It... Sep 12 2026, 11:11 AM
Luke M No Problem Mike. This setup seams to work well. I ... Sep 12 2026, 01:29 PM
Luke M Got a few things done and off the to do list. All ... Sep 14 2026, 04:02 PM
bkrantz BTW was that an original spare tire in the first p... Sep 14 2026, 08:09 PM
Luke M
BTW was that an original spare tire in the first ... Sep 15 2026, 04:35 AM
Luke M Got the right engine tray cut out and hellhole cle... Sep 15 2026, 03:19 PM
Luke M Removed the pass side 4 cyl mount then tested fitt... Sep 18 2026, 03:23 PM
Graydingo nice work! yeah the brace system is ingenious. Sep 18 2026, 04:22 PM
Luke M
nice work! yeah the brace system is ingenious... Sep 19 2026, 06:21 AM
Montreal914 Just seeing this for the first time (somehow I mis... Sep 19 2026, 10:59 AM
Luke M The new sheet metal from RD was delivered. It look... Sep 25 2026, 04:39 AM
Luke M I tweaked my back last weekend so no welding progr... Oct 2 2026, 03:15 PM![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 05:56 PM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |