Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Solid State Voltage Regulator, Looking for reliable drop in replacement
TRP
post Sep 30 2026, 09:46 PM
Post #1


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 455
Joined: 2-September 23
From: Morgan Hill, CA
Member No.: 27,559
Region Association: None



As the title states, I am looking for a high quality solid state voltage regulator for my 914. I am troubleshooting this 123 Ignition distributor misfire issue and one of the items I have been asked to verify the condition my voltage regulator. I did recently have my alternator rebuilt and read that I should have replaced my voltage regulator at the same time; I didnt. Now I am going to replace it and see if that helps my current situation.

I have read that there are many variations offered online but only a few fit properly in the relay board without modification. What does the brain trust here suggest?

Thank you!
Ted
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
fiacra
post Sep 30 2026, 10:27 PM
Post #2


Person.Woman.Man.Camera.TV. = MCI
***

Group: Members
Posts: 755
Joined: 1-March 19
From: East Bay Region - California
Member No.: 22,920
Region Association: Northern California



http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=372396

If you want a drop in stock VR that fits the relay board without modification it's the Bosch F026T02230. Last I looked they were NLA in the USA, but you can order from abroad. I have two NIB ones in my parts stash that I bought before all the tariff stupidity. Let me know if you want to go that way and I'll pass one on to you at cost.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Superhawk996

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 12:37 AM
...