Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> FIxing the Hell Hole and Longs, My 16 year olds welding was good but.....
ctc911ctc
post Oct 9 2026, 12:32 PM
Post #1


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,386
Joined: 9-June 18
From: boston
Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States



914 2.0 '74 all stock

All,

Prior to my learning that everyone here existed - I have had a succession of 914s, I have 2 right now and I would like to revisit a welding job done in the distance past.

My son and I acquired the car in 2015, pulled from a garage in RI, we were able to get it re-built together and he welded braces on the longs - we did not know about Restoration Design and all of you. We designed some CAD drawings and had parts fabricated and then he welded them with the assistance of a friend.

I would like to retain one of you or perhaps someone that you could recommend in the NewEngland area to:

Cut and replace the proper metal on the Hell-Hole area as well as Longs.

Any ideas or interested parties?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
friethmiller
post Oct 9 2026, 12:55 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,561
Joined: 10-February 19
From: Austin, TX
Member No.: 22,863
Region Association: Southwest Region



QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Oct 9 2026, 01:32 PM) *

Cut and replace the proper metal on the Hell-Hole area as well as Longs.


@ctc911ctc , It sounds like you've got [some] things fabricated. Do you just need help welding? I wish my job was flying around the country helping people weld-up there rusted 914s. Unfortunately, I have a family, job, and two needy 914s of my own (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ctc911ctc   FIxing the Hell Hole and Longs   Oct 9 2026, 12:32 PM
friethmiller   Cut and replace the proper metal on the Hell-Hole...   Oct 9 2026, 12:55 PM
914werke   :ttiwwp:   Oct 9 2026, 01:54 PM
76-914   How about Chris Foley?   Oct 9 2026, 06:44 PM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th October 2026 - 07:48 PM
...