Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> DMV Info needed, 1974 914 does it need to be smoged
sjhowitson
post Feb 23 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,449

Help,

I hope I don't open a big can of worms but, what is the smog rule in California reguarding 30 years old or not. I have a non op on my 74. It is a giant pain in the behind to trailer it all over when I need work. I would like to get it registered for the road. It will not pass smog now. It was a 4 now it's a six. Anybody have any ideas? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Joe Bob
post Feb 23 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

QUOTE (lapuwali @ Feb 23 2005, 01:57 PM)
btw, there's LOTS of really interesting stuff in the H&S regs about cars. Most of the emissions related law is there, not in the CVC. It's a $5K fine if you're nailed "tampering" with any emissions device (Sec. 43008), for example. "Ignition timing" is listed specifically as a violation if you "tamper" with it.

That part for the CHP to roadside inspections....anything not stock and not having a CARB approval number on it...illegal...you take the car home and can only go the ARB Referee when it is fixed.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:24 AM