Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> turbo tie rods
a.munoz3
post Mar 4 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,217

i need some advice on turbo tie rod kit! are they easy to install?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ovilla
post Mar 4 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,660

Very easy - just need to soak everything down for a few days before you try it (I use PB Blaster). Anyway, the most difficult part is finding a wrench that is thin enough to fit between the new tie rods and the steering rack. Find the tool first. I couldn't find one and didn't want to buy one for a one-time useso I just had the dealer do that prior to a 4 wheel alignment (which you will also need). Good luck. BTW, if your tie rods were even remotely loose before, your car will now trully feel like a go cart. You'll find that you are probably use to driving and compensating for free play in your tie rods today. Once you install these, every time you even think about moving the steering wheel, your car will change direction. Have fun!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:07 PM