Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AX alignment, need info
ChrisReale
post Jun 16 2003, 10:55 PM
Post #1

Sleazy

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

Going to get my car re-aligned for AX. What sould I look for: Front camber, front toe
Rear Camber, Rear Toe.

If it matters, the Set up is: 205/50/15 VRacers on 15x7 wheels. 22mm front sway bar, 22mm front Tbars, 180#rear springs

I will be taking the car to Fordahl Motorsports, and they know their shit, but I want to know also. Idea's? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Joseph Mills
post Jun 17 2003, 12:26 AM
Post #2

on a Sonoma diet now...

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

[QUOTE=ChrisReale,Jun 16 2003, 10:55 PM]Going to get my car re-aligned for AX. What sould I look for

22mm front sway bar, 22mm front Tbars, 180#rear springs

Chris,
You might consider whether or not you want to lower your car before you do your suspension settings (otherwise, you'll have to do them over later). Apparently, some drivers find they DON'T like their car lowered. I'd get some opinions - maybe drive one that's been lowered and see what YOU think. Think of car height as part of the suspension tuning.

Having said that, I really like mine set up low. I have set my car up for AX'ing - it's not a daily driver. It sits about 4.25" from the doughnuts to the ground. The front A-arms are parallel to the ground and it's bump-steered. This is pretty low if you do ALOT of street driving. I have a Tuna Can and Triad exhaust, both which sits low, but no problems so far. I also have Koni adjustables, which I set on full soft - makes it a LITTLE more forgiving on the street.

Dave Darling has a set of suggested suspension tunings for different needs (street, street w/some AX, mainly AX, etc.). I think you can find them on Pelican.

I drew on his combinations for my setup. I have the same swaybar and rear springs as you do. Here's my setup:

Max caster that balances out.
1.5 deg neg camber F
1/16" toe-out F

2 deg neg camber R
1/16" toe-in R

I could not believe how changed my car was after these settings - it was literally like another car altogether. Get ready for a BIG change!

Right now I'm trying to optimize tire pressures and temps and I'm "considering" decreasing the rear camber some. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Anyway, it's really one of the cheapest performance enhancements available. Good luck with it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 06:35 AM