Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> VW logo, copyright????
dmenche914
post Apr 7 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

I just noticed, the WCC logo has the VW Porsche emblem in it. I know from a while back VW was going bonkers on use of its trademark VW logo, suing or threatening lawsuits unless users (abusers???) paid up. It hit the VW aftermarket industry hard, real horror stories. Companies that even used photos of real VW cars had to delete the logo's from the photos, clubs also were hit, as were websites.

Maybe they have laid off, maybe thay just haven't noticed.

I heard also that Porsche was going after trademark infringement also, but not to the degree that VW has, and we got both logos in the WCC logo!

Anyone hear of this being a problem?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Joe Bob
post Apr 8 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

QUOTE (TC/914 @ Apr 8 2005, 11:42 AM)
It's kind of comforting, in a way, to know that Porsche ran into the same sort of thing themselves way back when.

In 1955, they offered the 356 with fender badges carrying the 'Continental" script, in the same cursive style (more or less) as the Speedster or Carrerra script. When Ford found about it, they demanded that Porsche stop badging the cars as Continentals, as Ford had big plans to re-issue the Continental themselves for the following model year.

The genuine "Continental" 356 Porsches (verified by the VINs) are worth a bit more now because of the small production run.

Now Ford's going after the Cobra replica manufactures, and Porsche is going after everyone else.

There's no getting away from it, I guess.

Same with the 911...origianlly was gonna be a 901....then Peugot bitched. Old 911 part number still have 901 serial numbers....as do the 914 trans.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:06 PM