Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strut shock Clunk?, This can't be normal...
RustyWa
post Apr 10 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Working Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

So what I've been thinking was loose front wheel bearings all this time, turns out to be

crap...hit the enter key by mistake.....continue below...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RustyWa
post Apr 12 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #2

Working Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

Ok, I played with it some more. Took the wheel off, and removed the grease cap to the bearings. Loosened the clamp nut bolt. Put the wheel back on without the center cap. Lowered the car back down. Started tightening the bearing clamp nut while rocking the car side to side. I got the clunking to pretty much stop, but the bearings are now pretty tight as the washer under the clamp nut does not want slide back and forth anymore.

I'll take it for a spin tomorrow and test it when I get home. Bearings are pretty cheap if I end up smoking these.

Kevin - I put my old steel wheels on, a while back, and it did not help. I'm wondering if, like Geoff said, my control or trailing arm bushings are bad...?? Since I feel the shimmy in my ass, I keep thinking it's in the rear trailing arms.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:29 PM