Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Push Rods.......wha?, Now that the engine is out......
aveale
post Apr 21 2005, 05:59 AM
Post #1

Fun Times

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,563

Hello family,

I am thinking my oil seals on the push rod tubes are the cause of some of my leaky leaks.

What is the consensus on this, and what is involved in replacing the seals????

Floss,

T
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ruddyboys
post Apr 21 2005, 06:31 AM
Post #2

Hummel eigentümer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749
Region Association: North East States

Push rod tube seals leaking, I have never heard of this happing before (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif) I think this the most common leak. They are pretty easily replaced. You can even do it while the engine is in the car. Take off the valve cover and remove the rockers. With a little muscle you can pull the tubes right out. Put the new seals on, here is were you will get everyones recipe on how not to make the seals leak. I just put a little motor oil on them and slid them back in. I used a spark plug socket (the large one, not sure the size) and gave the tubes a little tap to seat them. Put the rockers back and adjust them to spec. put the valve cover on with new gasket and hope there is no more leak.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:44 AM