Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> passenger issue, is it safe?
TROJANMAN
post May 3 2005, 01:54 PM
Post #1

Looks nice in pictures.........

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

my 2 year old is itchin' to go for a ride in "daddy's new car." this morning on the way to daycare she said "daddy's new car ? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)" no sooner did she notice me make our way to the grocery getter when she spouted "no mommy's car, Daddy's car! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif) "
so my question is:
can i drive her to daycare safely without having to worry about someone plowing into me? i know, anything can happen, most accidents happen within 1 mile of your home, etc..... the risk probably won't outweigh the reward here, so i just wanted to hear a few opinions. thanks.

we spent $300+ on a car seat, so it has to be worth something, right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mihai914
post May 3 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,697
Region Association: None

Speaking from experience and pictures that I saw, 914 protect you very well in front and rear impacts impacts, the car doesn't usually survive but you do. If it's a post 73 car then the doors have those reinforcements which are probably very effective.

If you do get t-boned in a pre 72 car by a SUV chances are he will hit you in the front fender, rear quarter panel or straignt in the middle at which point his front bumper will go beyonf the door itself.

What would not be good is if you were by the corner of the SUV at a perpendicular angle and in the middle of the door, that's pretty unlikely to happen.

I haven't seen a 914 that split in half from an sideways impact, many Civics do and that's because the structure is weak.

My $0.02

Mihai
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:24 AM