Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help w/ 2L throttle cable link
dlo914
post Oct 13 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #1

Whatchu' lookin' at?!?!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,697

nearing the end of my 914 reassembly i came upon the the throttle cable. i cant seem to find a way to connect it to the throttle lever. Went through the Haynes and nadda. Could someone post a picture of their throttle lever connected to the throttle cable? Thanks in advance (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dave_Darling
post Oct 13 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Those red wires look kinda like the ones that supply power to most of the car. They'd go on the (+) battery terminal--or rather, on the bolt on the terminal clamp.

You can't find the (+) terminal on the battery? Umm, that's a bit messed up! Aren't there a couple of metal posts sticking up out of the top of the thing? One should have a "+" by it, the other a "-".

The two wires from the fuel pump should feed into the main wiring harness. From there, the brown one goes to the multiple ground point under the relay board (unless your car is a 75+, in which case I think the ground is up front), and the black/red (black with red stripe, the power wire) should go to the relay board, where one of the relays controls if it gets power or not.

Looks like your car has been hacked on, though. Carb conversion?

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:05 PM