Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> yehaa!!!!!!!, it's on
messix
post Feb 11 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #1

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

Group: Members
From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

nascar and bud shoot out practice!!!!!!!

i know y'all are as a'cited as i am!!!!

here comes a whole week of nuttin but daytona nascar...yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
kart54
post Feb 15 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,520

Well Ya'll
I gots to chip in here. Cap'n. love ya, but gimme a break. Safety issues? Have you looked at the track at Nurburgring, Long Beach or Lemans lately? I run SCCA they don't know what safety is and can't spell it I don't think. For the first time I'm required to runa fuel cell in my car this year and that's only because of Dale Jr.'s crash at Daytona last year. Racing's dangerous, always has been always will be. I accepted that when I started at 12 years old and I accept it now in my 40's. Safety is, and should be, my decision not some governing body. Nuff of that. Comin down of my keg of Miller now.
We all gots some good old boys in Californya runnin in dat series dat we should be rootin fer. Tony Stewart's gas man, Oxnard, CA.; Fed Ex car support sponsor, Haas CNC, Oxnard, CA.; Kevin Harvick and Jimmy Johnson, Bakersfield, CA.; Jeff Gordon, East Bay, San Francisco, Robby Gordon, Orange County, CA (still hate him, raced with him for too long, there's a guy that should be banned, he's been dangerous for years).; Stanton Barrett. Mammoth Lakes, CA (one of Dave Mccoy's grandkids). My cousin is a co-sponsor on Ken Schrader's ride and is up by you in T.O. Howard. Der's a bunch more but dat's enough to keep me interested.

Yee Haw, Bump draft till you die!!! Rubbin's racin and crashin is inevitable (Know dat's a big word but couldn't help myself). I'm gonna go put on my Jimmy Buffett and Kenny Chesney and make me a margarity while I grill on the tailgate of my truck and oogle the fake blonde with the silicone and the big lips down the street; don't tell the wife. I'll be on the beach, just on the wrong end of the country.

Go Carl Edwards and Jimmy Johnson.

On a more serious note, yes Nascar is overexposed these days but at least there is an auto racing series getting some coverage. My favorite series, Trans Am is dead, IRL and Champ car are almost dead, nobody has truly cared about SCCA who wasn't a racer or friend of a racer in years. Formula one is a bad joke. Off road racing hasn't had a major sponsor since I can't remember when and I can't even think of any other series worth watching.

Iffin' I had my druthers it would be non-winged sprint cars. Those guys are the last true individualists but even their numbers are dwindling as I notice every time I go to my local track (Plug for Ventura Raceway, the bset little dirt track in the west, or Santa Maria Speedway or Perris (best and fastest 1/2 mile of dirt in the world)). Let your hair down, take your kids and have fun, that's what it's all about.

So Cap'n when was the last time you were at Santa Maria Speedway? Parts of my car came from a Porsche 914 that won the series championship there.
Even Porsche supports oval track racing (Well now, I'm strecthin the trut der some but what the heck).

I hear their talkin bout runnin the Cayenne in Nascar in 2007.

I'm guessin Cap'n you'd probably want to watch the Ice Dancing at the olympics or maybe the synchronized swimming from the summer olympics (Just Joking!!! LOL).

Okay I dun stirred it up now but the twin 150's aren't till tommorrow so I got's free time on my hand. Time to leave here and go check out the Nascar site.
After a while crocodiles.
Randy

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
messix   yehaa!!!!!!!   Feb 11 2006, 12:58 PM
SLITS   Make sure you're in front or the tabacco juice...   Feb 11 2006, 01:04 PM
J P Stein   Yeah, the "commentaters" have had a couple months ...   Feb 11 2006, 01:08 PM
messix   i think i'll get a shit load of nascar bumper ...   Feb 11 2006, 01:08 PM
J P Stein     Feb 11 2006, 01:10 PM
SLITS   I'll help ya paste the stickers on.......   Feb 11 2006, 01:20 PM
messix   ah hell. what this wold commin to. terd-ottas in n...   Feb 11 2006, 01:24 PM
SLITS   izt dat carpetbagger Gurdney headin' up da cre...   Feb 11 2006, 01:26 PM
Cap'n Krusty     Feb 11 2006, 01:30 PM
messix   awe come on cap'n. the evil france empire has ...   Feb 11 2006, 01:35 PM
SLITS   The Cap'N sounds like a closet Rusty Wallace f...   Feb 11 2006, 01:40 PM
rdauenhauer   [font=Geneva][size=14]BLETCH h...   Feb 11 2006, 01:45 PM
messix     Feb 11 2006, 01:54 PM
Howard   As a Republican, I avoid turning left.   Feb 11 2006, 02:54 PM
SLITS     Feb 11 2006, 03:16 PM
scotty b     Feb 11 2006, 03:18 PM
Cap'n Krusty     Feb 15 2006, 02:54 PM
914-8   Where's that picture of the Nascar fan at a ra...   Feb 15 2006, 02:59 PM
jasons   Here we are.... http://paulaoffutt.com/pics/redne...   Feb 15 2006, 03:13 PM
Joe Ricard   Ya think it's called the "Red Neck Racer" caus...   Feb 15 2006, 04:25 PM
kart54   Well Ya'll I gots to chip in here. Cap...   Feb 15 2006, 05:10 PM
Cap'n Krusty     Feb 15 2006, 06:41 PM
biggy72   Really if you want to make money in the United Sta...   Feb 16 2006, 12:59 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 01:21 PM