Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Does anybody else besides me have trouble,, getting keeping their NUTS tight!? (trailing arm nuts)
root
post May 17 2006, 06:07 AM
Post #1

Two Wheeled Type4 Completed!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,026
Region Association: None

My trailing arm nuts keep coming loose. Guess I just need to replace them new ones or with nylon lock nuts. Anybody know the thread size off hand? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Brad Roberts
post May 18 2006, 01:09 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

The rubber bushings have "spring" in them amounting to something like 20lbs. The plastic bushings have "stiction" that is imeasureable (infinite spring rate)

Roller bearings: have NO effect on the overall spring rate. No drag.

The car will ride smoother than it did with the rubber bushings. The shocks now work and valving becomes more important. The shocks will not fight the "stiction" in the system.

Ever heard a 914 or 911 "creak" while going past you at a AutoX? Every time you hear it creak.. it is the suspension sticking.

Push down on the fender of a plastic bushing car and count how long it takes for it to "jounce" back. Some take several minutes. Do this with a roller bearing car and the car will follow your hand up and down.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 09:05 AM