Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.7 loses power, furl pump failing?
nycchef
post Jun 8 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #1

mechanical moron

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,202
Region Association: None

seems when i push the engine hard it will suddenly lose power. like it's starving for fuel. doesn't stall but can't get above 2000rpm's or so and it backfires a little. when i take it easier it comes back and runs fine. do fuel pumps get weak or is it a work or not work type of thing. sorry about the typo
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BMXerror
post Jun 8 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,842

I can't really answer you question about whether a fuel pumkp can get 'weak' or not because I don't know. However, it sounds like you're just getting behind in your fluel flow, as if you don't have the capacity to push it too hard, right? My pop's having the same trouble with his motorcycle right now. I would first check the main feed lines to make sure they're not clogged up as well as the fuel filter. If it turns out not being that or the pump, I might take a look at the enrichment valve. 2000 RPM sounds a little low for it to be needed, but I'm still new to this injection system. I'm just throwing some things out there as if I knew what I was talking about. Don't mind me.
Mark D.
Oh yeah... Did this start happening all of the sudden, or has it been a gradual loss?
+Quote Post
nycchef
post Jun 8 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #3

mechanical moron

Member No.: 5,202
Region Association: None

this problem started today before couldn't get above 4000rpm's and would stall constantly. have new fuel lines,vacuum hoses dizzy, cht, timing and dwell. this problem is a major improvement from last week. gonna do valves next and put in a new fuel pump. just wanna make sure i'm on the right track
+Quote Post
drewvw
post Jun 8 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #4

new england car guy

Member No.: 5,630
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(nycchef @ Jun 8 2006, 07:06 PM) *

this problem started today before couldn't get above 4000rpm's and would stall constantly. have new fuel lines,vacuum hoses dizzy, cht, timing and dwell. this problem is a major improvement from last week. gonna do valves next and put in a new fuel pump. just wanna make sure i'm on the right track

You are really battling this thing! Glad you are making progress....I'd check those valves asap...
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 06:06 AM