Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Racing Video, Why there are rules
KenH
post Oct 5 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

This is for those who:

1. Do not have time to go to Ground School
2. Think the Rules of racing should be ignored
3. Think the are to many rules
4. Think a "steet car" is good enough
5. Wonder why they need to have a few sessions with an instructor
6. Why extra safety equipment is required

The drivers in this video are VERY experienced - what if it had been you???

http://www.porscheracingclub.com/phpBBS2/v...php?p=2193#2193

Ken
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
nine14cats
post Oct 9 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Hi Rob,

Like pretty much everyone else, my work schedule often dictates what events I run. That's why with TM, NCRC, GGR, SVR I want them all to be successful as it affords me maximum opportunity to play.

I agree with your most recent post, and I'm hoping the Time Trial series can appeal to folks who like track days and still retain the TT opportunities. Basically make it easy to cross pollenate, if you will.

And I agree with you on the new points system. I understand the arguments for implementing the system as it addresses many of the late model cars that didn't show up in the old classifcations. But I did not support the adoption of the new rules. You can run in a point system scheme in NASA, SCCA, etc or lap with TM and NCRC against different cars. In PCA, the old system let us run against similar model types (e.e. 914's, 911's. 944's to make it simple). Several folks I have talked to miss that part of the classifications. And to make it doubly curious, the folks that implemented the new points class system no longer run their cars in PCA...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

It would have been more effective to fight and / or modify if the other regions DID NOT adopt the points system. But GGR has mass and this was evidence of that mass, maybe not in the most constructive way.

Life goes on. Higher track prices, arguments on what is safe and what isn't, and possibly the death of Time Trials in Zone 7....ahhh...real life.

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:43 AM