Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tranny cleaning, Want to shine mine up!
IanStott
post Oct 9 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,199

I'm sure I am not the only one who has cleaned a few pounds of grease off their transmission. Have new flywheel etc., just wondering if anyone has a relatively easy way to make the transmission look presentable, it doesn't have to gleam like it has been chromed but nicer than the dullness I have now would be good!

Ian Stott
Moncton
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
IanStott
post Oct 10 2006, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,199

Well thanks to all who chimed in, I am sure I can get it looking nice and clean now without damaging anything. That painted one looks real good in the picture what paint did you use? I think applying some kind of protective finish sounds like a good idea, I live in an area where you always have to be on the lookout for things that can can corrode your veh. I don't plan on driving my teener in the winter but sometimes you get a real nice day and you might want to go for a spin. Here in Moncton they use a lot of salt on the roads and I'm convinced it takes a few rainy days in the spring to get rid of it all.
Ken when was the last time you were in Moncton?
Dr. Evil if you are monitoring this thread thanks for the cool bolts, do you have the gaskets as well?

Ian Stott
+Quote Post
slivel
post Oct 10 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Old car....... older driver

Member No.: 2,332
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(IanStott @ Oct 10 2006, 10:33 AM) *

Well thanks to all who chimed in, I am sure I can get it looking nice and clean now without damaging anything. That painted one looks real good in the picture what paint did you use? I think applying some kind of protective finish sounds like a good idea, I live in an area where you always have to be on the lookout for things that can can corrode your veh. I don't plan on driving my teener in the winter but sometimes you get a real nice day and you might want to go for a spin. Here in Moncton they use a lot of salt on the roads and I'm convinced it takes a few rainy days in the spring to get rid of it all.
Ken when was the last time you were in Moncton?
Dr. Evil if you are monitoring this thread thanks for the cool bolts, do you have the gaskets as well?

Ian Stott

I used Rust-oleum "Specialty" High Heat (1200 degrees) purchased at Home depot. The color was Heat Resistant Silver #7716.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
IanStott   Tranny cleaning   Oct 9 2006, 11:08 AM
turboman808   I kinda started mine because it's exposed. Ju...   Oct 9 2006, 11:18 AM
JOHNMAN   I don't believe that it will hold a shine for ...   Oct 9 2006, 11:22 AM
william harris   Well now, mine may be an extreme approach, but rem...   Oct 9 2006, 11:26 AM
URY914   I used Easy-Off Oven cleaner. Worked good.   Oct 9 2006, 12:40 PM
Dr Evil   :agree: easy-off works great after you knock the c...   Oct 9 2006, 02:07 PM
brer  
  Oct 10 2006, 09:56 AM
kwales   Can you say baking soda boys and girls? Baking so...   Oct 10 2006, 10:32 AM
Eric_Shea  
  Oct 10 2006, 10:33 AM
Steve Thacker   I know I posted this somewhere, maybe on Pelican. ...   Oct 10 2006, 11:31 AM
IanStott   Well thanks to all who chimed in, I am sure I can ...   Oct 10 2006, 11:33 AM
slivel  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 04:48 AM