Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hypothetical Comparison: Two identical 914s except...
Mid_Engine_914
post Dec 5 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,888

one has the 914/6 suspension and brakes and one has the 914/4 suspension and brakes. Also assume both cars have anti-roll bars and 180hp engines. What’s the difference in how they perform on the track?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Mueller
post Dec 5 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I take it you mean both have the same engine correct? Just the suspension is different??

as is, the /6 suspension should have slightly stiffer torsion bars and slightly stiffer rear springs if one used bone stock factory parts....

as for brakes, the /6 front rotors are vented, but that might not come into play depending on the driver or course...

I would almost have to say that as long as you have no issues with heating up of the front brakes, there will not be a measurable differance...
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Dec 5 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 5 2006, 01:12 PM) *

as is, the /6 suspension should have slightly stiffer torsion bars and slightly stiffer rear springs if one used bone stock factory parts....

The torsion bars are the same diameter, just different splines. There were enough different rear springs used on the fours that you can probably find some that are about equal to the -6 springs.

The Six didn't come with sway bars, IIRC. The Four did; they were even standard on the 73 2.0 cars.

as for brakes, the /6 front rotors are vented, but that might not come into play depending on the driver or course...

Well, the Six brakes are heavier... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Still and all; I'd say that any difference in on-track performance would be pretty small. Certainly much smaller than if, say, I were driving the one car and Bradholio were driving the other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--DD
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mid_Engine_914   Hypothetical Comparison: Two identical 914s except...   Dec 5 2006, 03:04 PM
Mueller   I take it you mean both have the same engine corre...   Dec 5 2006, 03:12 PM
Dave_Darling  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:00 AM