Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Evolution Auto-x school
914forme
post Feb 5 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Anybody done an Evolution Auto-x school?

I just signed up for one, it looks like me and the vettes in SM2 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) but hey I am there to learn, spankin them is a bonus for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ge9146
post Feb 6 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,716
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have been through phase 1 and 2 of their school. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get a bit more serious about autocrossing and enjoy it more too. The course is fantastic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) They have a well thought out process that builds your skills throughout the day. The have some informal classroom sessions and then you drive first with the instructor riding along so they can see how you drive as a baseline. Then they drive your car for a run to show you what can be done. It was a real eye opener. They teach skills for looking ahead and tips for memorizing a course quickly that really help. I went through the classes at BeaveRun near Pittsburg, PA. I had the following instructors: Sam Strano, Jinx Jordan, Larry Fine and Mike Johnson. All of their instructors are current or past national autocross champions and they do a great job. The school is nothing too fancy but the layout and process is very well done and has been perfected over many years. They have a pretty decent web site which give the history of the school as well.

I still use the things I learned in their school at every autocross. I haven't been able to do as much autocrossing as I would like but their school definitely helped me out at the Porsche Parade in Hershey in '05 when I ran my 911. I had been autocrossing occasionally for several years before attending the school and I really got a lot from their training. I would recommend signing up for both Phase 1 and Phase 2 if you can make it. It is worth it. And no I am not getting paid for this reply.

It is a fantastic school (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) and you should have a great time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) The toughest part is waiting until the next autocross to use your new skills!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:38 AM