Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> paint manufacturer
krazykonrad
post May 17 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,610

Did Glassaurit make the paint for 914s? I know they made the paint for most if not all the VW beetles, but did they make 914 paint as well?
Konrad
Willow Green 72/4
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
scotty b
post Feb 26 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #2

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Glasurti or Spies will be the BEST match AND the absolute best quality out there. That doesn't mean other paints are junk just that those two are the premier. I personally shoot Spies almost exclusivly BUT will use Glasurit on my 57 Beetle because I plan to be that anal with that car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Feb 27 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #3

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 26 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Glasurti or Spies will be the BEST match AND the absolute best quality out there. That doesn't mean other paints are junk just that those two are the premier. I personally shoot Spies almost exclusivly BUT will use Glasurit on my 57 Beetle because I plan to be that anal with that car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Scotty or others,

Question on paint. I used a German paint product called Sikkins (base coat, clear coat) and very happy with results.
Any comments on Sikkins??

Tom
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Mar 6 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #4

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 27 2007, 09:57 PM) *

Scotty or others,

Question on paint. I used a German paint product called Sikkins (base coat, clear coat) and very happy with results.
Any comments on Sikkins??

Tom

It's what's on my LE & I could not be happier. I actually like Sikkens over Spies because I think it dries faster, no other reason. I also hear that DuPont bought Spies but have not been able to tell if there's been any changes since the purchase. I have some very dear friends here, who own a body shop & use Spies almost exclusively. I hang out there so much they refer to me as an "associate" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Anyway, I occasionally get to play & have experimanted w/ both. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 06:07 PM