Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Evolution Auto-x school
914forme
post Feb 5 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Anybody done an Evolution Auto-x school?

I just signed up for one, it looks like me and the vettes in SM2 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) but hey I am there to learn, spankin them is a bonus for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914forme
post Apr 1 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #2

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

I went yesterday and had a great time. I had to take the Jetta, if you don't know this I auto-xed my Jetta and before that a VW Fox for years. the Jetta is still capable of extremly fast times and handles very well. I learned a ton, only got my time down by 2 seconds but on a longer course that 2 will add up to 4 to 6, which is huge. Wishing now I signed up for second session today. But ohh well.

One thing that is funny I drove the wheels off the Jetta, I had two instructors. I beat both of their times. I even told the last guy to crank it up to 99.9% I did not care, drive it like you stole. He came with in a .3 of my fastest time. I don't think they where used to a FWD car with 320 Foot Pounds of Torque!!!

All that matters is I learned from all these guys a ton, I mean a ton. I am going to sign up for another latter in the season, and be back next year until I quit learning.

I have half a mind to race the Jetta this year, 914 is really pissin me off right now. I have another oil leak, just pissing me off badly.
+Quote Post
jhadler
post Apr 2 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #3

Long term tinkerer...

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 1 2007, 01:47 PM) *
One thing that is funny I drove the wheels off the Jetta, I had two instructors. I beat both of their times. I even told the last guy to crank it up to 99.9% I did not care, drive it like you stole. He came with in a .3 of my fastest time. I don't think they where used to a FWD car with 320 Foot Pounds of Torque!!!

Who were your instructors? I know a bunch of 'em...

All that matters is I learned from all these guys a ton, I mean a ton. I am going to sign up for another latter in the season, and be back next year until I quit learning.

Yeah. I can't say enough good things about the Evo schools. Really, really good.

I have half a mind to race the Jetta this year, 914 is really pissin me off right now. I have another oil leak, just pissing me off badly.

Well, it wouldn't be a 914 then would it?

:oileaksmiley:

-Josh2
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:44 AM