Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The latest amazing barn find......., stones throw away from me too
scotty b
post Oct 9 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #1

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Apparently this one is for realies kids.

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/Default.aspx?...19#1519Articles
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
tdgray
post Oct 10 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #2

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984

I have to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

That is not a barn find... guy was a douche for letting those cars deteriorate like that.

Glad a "real" collector has controll of them now. At least they will get the attention they deserve.

and FWIW... pre-war cars don't really DO anything for me either but I can appreciate thier history and unique-ness.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Oct 11 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

QUOTE(tdgray @ Oct 10 2007, 05:53 AM) *

I have to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

That is not a barn find... guy was a douche for letting those cars deteriorate like that.

Glad a "real" collector has controll of them now. At least they will get the attention they deserve.

and FWIW... pre-war cars don't really DO anything for me either but I can appreciate thier history and unique-ness.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Wife's Uncle in Michigan has a 62(?) Corvair convertible that he bought new, drove for two summers (less than 5K miles) then parked in the bran with a trap over it. No big deal expect lower half of the barn is where the cattle stayed. All that methane gas ate away the bottom of the car over the years. After I married my wife (9yrs ago) and he found out I'm a "car guy" he took me out to the barn to check it out. Didn't look bad from the outside, even the inside looked good until he went to sit in the drivers seat and almost fell through to the barn floor. That has been 5yrs ago and it is still at some guys shop in Michigan waiting to be restored (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) granted it's not a big collector car, but I just don't understand people do stuff like that.

In the same barn is the first tractor his father bought back in 1915. I don't know the name, but according to him it hasn't moved from its spot in the barn since 1965. Everytime we go up there I always go check it out, damn shame just sitting there covered in bird crap and dust.

Neighbor's barn has a old Porsche Jr deisel tractor sitting in it just calling my name. Again this guy won't sell it, but has plans to restore it someday. Its been sitting longer the other tractor my wife's uncle has. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
scotty b   The latest amazing barn find.......   Oct 9 2007, 06:06 PM
KaptKaos   Cool find, but pre-war cars just don't do it f...   Oct 9 2007, 06:21 PM
stephenaki   Cool find, but pre-war cars just don't do it ...   Oct 10 2007, 04:07 AM
bigkensteele   All I can say is, "what an idiot". I do...   Oct 10 2007, 01:05 AM
tdgray   I have to :agree: That is not a barn find... guy ...   Oct 10 2007, 07:53 AM
Garold Shaffer   I have to :agree: That is not a barn find... guy...   Oct 11 2007, 08:49 AM
scotty b   Speaking of deterioration. Anyone remeber the 57 B...   Oct 10 2007, 05:44 PM
bigkensteele   B)-->
QUOTE(scotty b @ O...   Oct 10 2007, 07:56 PM
LarryR   B)-->
QUOTE(scotty b @ O...   Oct 10 2007, 10:38 PM
drew365   My ex father-in-law spent his whole life traveling...   Oct 11 2007, 10:18 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 06:09 AM