Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rotesserie Action, Let the fun begin...
Britain Smith
post Mar 14 2004, 02:10 AM
Post #1

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

Although spent the greater part of the day gathering the materials, tools, bribing the neighbors, and sweet talking the wife...everything is cut to fit, holes drilled, waiting for the neighbor who is a professional welder (I cut his lawn for him) to weld everything up tomorrow morning. I took the drawings a fellow Pelican member sent me, modified them a bit where I saw fit, and laid it all out as a proper engineer would do...on engineering paper.

The biggest problem that I have had to work out is the fact that the early ('69) 911/912's did not come with ANY crash protection as the laters car did. All the pictures that I have seen of 911's on rotesserie's have the ends mounted to the reinforced bumper mounts which are sturdy enough to do just fine.

So...my question...take a look at the pictures poested below and let me know if you think that it is going to be enough support my car. The entire car is stripped out except the dash, windows, and doors...the suspension, drivetrain, fuel tank, interior, etc. is all gone. One thought is to actually weld the rear plate to the frame rail and grind them off later. I think that the front is going to be sufficient.

I will post more pictures tomorrow of the finished product.

This first picture is off the rear frame rail and the holes that the little tiny bumperettes mount too.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:13 AM