Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 WRX needs Turbo exhaust Engine builder Experts Advice needed, more backpressure/heat in exhaust...what needs to be adjusted?
budman5201
post Dec 1 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,635

Okay i have a question out there for the Engine builder or exhaust experts.....

I have a 914 with a WRX 2.0 turbo in it, it flys! I am basically making it into a very streetable quiet car. One of the first things i did during my build is put this aftermarket very shiny equal length chrome header on it and took off the stock heavy cast manifold for more power(never tuned or ran with stock).

I had the engine tuned with this header on it, so its perfectly tuned with it. Now.....I have the stock heavy manifold back on with all the heat reflectors,etc to keep the heat in the manfolds......its is Noticeably quieter than with the equal length, lower to the ground, crappy shiny header and... power seems almost just as great.

So....
New heaver manifold before turbo, smaller diameter exit than aftermarket so more backpressure.....do i need any changes on my fuel map? (i have programmable Link storm ecu.)

(I did get one backfire through exhaust....thats really why i am asking)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:00 PM