Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Carb linkage and velocity stack questions, Need opinions on CB performance recommendations
Van
post Jan 4 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,571

I ordered a dual carb linkage kit and velocity stacks from CB performance for my 44 IDFs... 2 things surprised me - I called them, and was told, "don't worry about it - that's as good as you'll get." I'd like some other opinions...

#1: the air cleaner bases (there's a left and a right) have the same "offset" for the linkage bar - meaning the bar will be at an angle to the engine when it's installed. They said, "We don't have anything for the type 4 offset - don't worry, you'll be fine." I've seen pictures from searches, and it looks like many people have setups with a straight bar - what are they using?

#2: the velocity stacks have a bore which is a bit bigger than the top of the carburetor - like maybe 3/8" larger in diameter. (Actually, the air cleaner base plate has the same large bore, too.) Anyhow, it seems to me, that if one has that large a step transitioning from the velocity stack to the carb throat, any gain from the velocity stack will be eliminated from the turbulence. CB's response, "Don't worry - you'll never feel the difference."

Does anyone have any guidance for me? Should I try to get velocity stacks the right size? Should I modify the air cleaner base plates to make the bar perpendicular to the crankshaft?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 11:05 AM