Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Dad ... the windshield is broken on my car!, Not at all what I thought!
Eddie914
post Feb 15 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

My son came to me saying the windshield is broken on his '93 Audi 90S. He parks it on the street in front of our home. It has not been driven for three days.

I go out and look. WOW! Badly cracked but no apparent impact?? I try to lift the wipers that were mid stroke and they are stuck to the windshield??

The drivers door will not unlock. When we get the passenger door open, the reason for the cracked windshield is pretty obvious ... DASH FIRE!

It looks like the fire started in the gauge cluster. The dashboard, gauge cluster, and headliner are melted and were dripping. The rest of the interior is amazing intact ... although with a lot of smoke damage.

Totaled? Probably ... with about 300,000 miles. Too bad. We installed a 100k engine, new clutch, and new shocks just last summer. We only had liability insurance ... full coverage was a bit expensive for a $500 car for a nineteen year old.

Odd that a fire would start in a car that is parked with everything turned off?

Well, it's only money. At least it didn't start on fire while he was driving.

Cheers,

Eddie
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 02:06 PM