Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cam questions
ThinAir
post Mar 28 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'm assembling the pieces that I'll need to rebuild my 1973 2.0L engine that will retain the stock FI. I'm wondering about cam choices and why I would want to choose a particular one. The only change I've made from stock at this point is that I've got Mahle Euro pistons & cylinders, but they are stock size so there is no increase in displacement.

I hear a lot about the Web Cam 73 and here's the info I've been able to find on how it compares to stock:

Type/Lift/Duration/Duration @ .050
Stock/.392/?/210
73/.426/262/224

Am I correct that Duration is how many degrees both intake and exhaust are open? Or is that called Overlap? If it is called Overlap, does anyone know the specs on the two cams?

What is the difference between Duration and Duration @ .050?

Lift is pretty obvious - the 73 is going to open farther. I assume this means it can deliver more fuel mixture in the same amount of open time compared to the stock lift.

My car is a daily driver that will probably never see anything more exciting than a PCA autocross. So how do I choose a cam and why do I want one or the other?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 10:02 AM