Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need Diagnostic Help!, my carbs are starving for fuel....
nine14cats
post Mar 29 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

I have a problem with my carbs after they get heat soaked. It happened at a Time Trial at Buttonwillow earlier this month and again at a 2 day Zone Auto-x this weekend.

The morning runs when cool are fine...full power, great throttle response everything wonderful...then the afternoon comes, it warms up...the car has been run hard several times and bam.....the car feels like the fuel pump is giving out and is starving for fuel. The car sputters under hard acceleration and if I pump the throttle I will get the car to rev out. Normally redline is 7200....I can't get it past 6K after she heats up.

The car is a 2.7L 6 with 10.5 compression and triple throat webers on each bank...

Anyone have a suggestion on what it is?

oh yeah...I'm leaving for a 3 day event at Thunderhill this Thursday, so I 've got to find the problem ASAP.

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:21 AM