Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What is this?, Engine shelf drain hole??
wrightee
post Apr 4 2010, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,053
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I got a 2nd 914 - my original plan was to do a rustoration on a cheap ebay find...then I found this (virtually) rust-free California car - with minimal rust.

In digging thru the car, I found these "nibs" on each side of the engine trays...are these supposed to be drains? (they both appear to be filled with "stuff")

Attached Image

The battery tray is 100% intact, with mostly surface rust - one quarter sized hole in the tray itself, and I've not found anything but surface rust in the hell hole area.

Attached Image

On the drivers side, there is some perforation on both the shelf and the sidewall, but none into the long. The two sheet metal areas are about 3"x5" areas, so it should be a fairly simple repair here. The engine hood release tube is rusted thru as well...I may need to search for some ideas on how to cut in a clean piece of tubing.

Attached Image

The only other rust is in the front hood channel, under the rubber seal. Mostly surface rust here too, with a few very small holes in the bottom and fender side of the channel.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 06:26 AM