Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Troubleshoting Engine Stumble, It's alive!!!
ericread
post Apr 24 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #1

The Viper Blue 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

I finally got back from Las Vegas, so here I am in SoCal, still trying to troubleshoot my engine stumble.

BTW: TPS is disconnected, and I have pinched off the cold start valve fuel line.

My engine seems to do well when the engine has cooled. By cooled, I mean for about five minutes or more, say at a gas station. For the first five minutes, the engine runs OK. After about five minutes of driving, the engine misses pretty badly whenever I let up on the gas. During acceleration it feels strong, but once I let of the gas to maintain driving speed, the stumble - missing returns.

So I drove my car for a while to make sure the engine was warm, and returned to my garage. I unhooked the CHT, and the engine was unable to start - engine flooding. That makes sense to me. I grounded the CHT wire from the wire bundle to the ground of the battery and drove for another ten minutes. No change.

I re-attached the CHT and decided to see what was really happening (which I should have done at the start). At idle, if I disconnect the number 1 or number 4 spark plug, no difference in the engine idle. When I disconnect either 2 or 3, the engine barely runs. As I reattach #1 and #4, I see spark. So it would appear to me that cylinders 1 adn 4 are not getting fuel?

Since I have spark to cylinders 1 and 4, this would normally lead me to the triggers. But the triggers fire 1&3 together and 2&4 together. So that makes no sense to me either. Add to that a FI injector grounding issue should affect a single side, which would be 1&2 or 3&4.

So what would cause this issue? Any thoughts?

Eric Read
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:05 AM