Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Car still won't start!
silverteener
post Apr 24 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,566

OK,

I've been helping a fellow member that bought a 73 1.7 w/ original fuel injection and we cannot get it to run. The former owner said it had a fuel issue and parked it for 2 years.

so far we've replaced all the fuel lines, had the tank dipped and sealed and replaced the sock, put in a new fuel pump, and put on a new fuel filter. We have fuel at the injectors, they do spray and the fuel pressure is 28.

There is no spark coming from the spark plugs. we pulled a plug and turned the engine over and it didn't spark. We should see spark here right?? so we moved up to the coil. We have 12v at the black wire and we put on a new condensor. I also just checked the points and they do spark when I open them. I did this by pulling all the wires off the coil and I hooked a wire from the negative side of the coil to the condensor wire and another wire from the positive side to the battery. I also checked the gap on the points and it is ok. It also has a new rotor and cap. We also put my coil on and tried it and still no spark. it doesn't even hint at turning over.

There is something weird about this car and it was like that before but the negative for the battery is mounted to where the coil mounts. and there is another ground from the case up to the coil. The bolt is broken on the body where the negative side of the battery should connect so they mounted it on the coil instead.

Any suggestions on what to do next. I'm running out of ideas!

thanks

Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 11:17 PM