Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Found out why I shouldn't trust people, Stupid!Stupid!Stupid!
70_914
post May 8 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,096
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I bought my current car, a 1974 MY, from a shop who told the PO that it had a frozen engine and it needed replaced. He parked it for 3 years at the shop and let it sit while contemplating life sucking. Finally got a chance to buy it (after trying for the entire 3 years) and run the case #'s- 1972 1.7 engine. Got 2 1.7 engines and a 2.0 bus engine at home already, don't need this one. Pulled it from the car today, started pulling it apart just because. Wasn't as gentle as I shoud have been since I didn't want it. Inside of engine looks great! No excessive wear, everything spins free, no damaged valves or pistons, no internal engine problems at all. Bearings are all standard/standard. OOPS!

Bad news is that I was heavy handed with the case and broke the ear off the top, and this case is later model than my other 1.7's and I didn't consider that it had a windage tray, unlike all my others. Now I have a screwed up case that would otherwise be a good runner and a great beginning to my 2056.

Failed starter mis diagnosed and caused a good car to sit and rot!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:21 AM