Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stiffer Rear Springs Installed ..., What Else Needs to be Changed?
Eddie914
post May 17 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

The rear shocks/springs on my teener have been changed from 185 lb/in progressive springs on Koni Red gas adjustable shocks, to 225 lb/in on Koni Yellow gas adjustable shocks with threaded collars.

What other changes will have to be made to the suspension set-up?

Most of the tracks are run counterclockwise. The rear tires wear unevenly. The outside of the right rear tire wears most. The inside of the left rear tire wears most. The front tires wear most on the outside.

My thought was that by increasing the rear spring rate, camber change in the rear would decrease. I suspect that the front anti-sway bar will need to be adjusted to a stiffer setting.

I purchased the 914/6 as a conversion with a 2.7 with 40mm Weber carburetors. The handling has always been fairly well balanced so no changes have ever been made to the suspension other than alignment and tire pressure balance. The 2.7 expired and was replaced with a stock 3.2 still using the Weber carburetors.

I believe it has the 23mm Weltmeister front anti-sway bar and no rear anti-sway bar. The front struts are matching Koni Red gas adjustable (compress and twist to adjust) struts. I do not know what front torsion bars are installed.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:59 AM