Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My personalized hell hole, Need advice on the best fix...
saigon71
post May 19 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,428
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Disclaimer: It is clear from these pictures that I did not read the "How to buy a 914" book before before buying this car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Dropped the engine and tranny last week, drilled out some rivets on a few sheet metal patches in the hell hole and found it to be even worse than I expected.

My ultimate goal is to have a safe and reliable daily driver that can be used for the occasional autocross. Not looking for a show car.

At some point, the right rear suspension ear most have rusted off so the PO had a new one welded in. Additionally, some sketchy metal work was done to the bottom of the long, the right jack post area and right engine bay area. Repair pics:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Pics of the long and hell hole:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Does it make sense to try to patch the existing long up in the hell hole or am I looking at a complete replacement? The area where the engine mount bracket attaches is pretty rusty at the top.

Thanks,
Bob

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 01:29 PM