Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which door to use, Early with dent vs Late with Speaker cut out
jeffdon
post May 21 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,087
Region Association: None

So I am down to prepping the doors for paint.

I bought a pair of straight late style doors a while back, as I had to replace the passenger side door. They are very straight, with just a little tiny bit of rust. Bothw er cut for speakers by some idiot. Drivers door has some extra holes for a larger mirror mount, which should be easy to fill. I cut some inside metal from my old Pass. door and welded into the speaker hole. My plan was to keep using the early drivers door, as it was straight.

Won't go into details, but i put a big dent in the upper part of the drivers door via some real stupidity. Figured no big deal, i have fixed worse. Pulled the seal and am seeing some nasty rust spots due to some dipshit siliconing the seal in. Sorry for poor pics. Below are two out of four rust spots on my early door, and the newer door. Which would you use? Save the old door and have mismatched doors? Or go with the straighter late door, weld in donor parts from my old one to close the hole, and have them match?

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 12:47 PM