Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Made a horn button today
rick 918-S
post May 22 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I really like the 914 four bar wheel without the butterfly cover but can't bring myself to cough up the money for the 912-911 GT button. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) I was asking about button options a couple weeks ago. I think ury mentioned I could cheap out and get something from Home Depot. So I did.

I bought a 3" plastic cap, cut it off shorter and make a steel disc to fit inside. I used some plastic body clips for the three screws and assembled the disc to the cap by filling the void under the disc I made with fibre glas resin. The button fits as stock and will activate the horn.

Sorry for the crappy photos. This is my first attempt I may make another one that isn't as tall.

First photoshows the disc I made on the right. I covered the outside face of the disc with masking tape. This makes trimming resin overflow easier. The white blob is molding clay to make a hole or pocket in the resin for the rubber center.

Attached Image

Next photo shows the disc screwed to the horn parts covered in tape to avoid being boneded by the resin filling the void under the disc. Once the resin set I pulled the horn part off the disc and trimmed the resin. If you look closely at the photo you can see the resin around the edge.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:22 AM