Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake warning light, Light won't stop flashing with engine running
jsaum
post Jun 6 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,809
Region Association: None

The warning light on my 72 is staying on after the engine is started. I don't have a owners manual so I don't exactly know how the two red lights at the top of the fuel gauge normally operate. Months ago after I got the engine back in the car it went out the first couple of times I started the car. Now if flashes all of the time. I believe it will normally flash until the engine is started then will go out. I did reuild all of my calipers and installed a new 911 master cylinder. After bleeding the system repeated times I now have a some what firm pedal but it still seems like it's not quite right. I pulled the cover and checked the pressure switch and it is working the switch is made allowing a signal to pass through. I read some of the threads and there is mention of a reset button on the master cylinder but I don't think the 72 has it. I'm using the two lead switch. I also checked the e brake switch is is working correctly after I release the parking brake the fasten seat belt light will come on if the sealt belt isn't fastened. Has anyone had this problem before? What am I missing?

Thanks for the help!

Jsaum

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 08:10 AM