Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Morons at Lowe's, train wreck on delivery
stepuptotheMike
post Jun 7 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #1

medium pimpin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

So.... I purchased a new compressor.... 80 Gal... big mofo. Oh and a new dishwasher to keep the wife happy.

They go to deliver it this morning. I spent all day yesterday cleaning out the 2 914 garage... cleaning, picking up tools, etc in anticipation of my new toy.

So the big morning arrives. I move both of our daily drivers out onto the street. I park my 73 in the driveway off to the side. completely clear access all the way to the rear of the garage. Big ass lowe's truck shows up. They decide to offload the compressor first. This is where the train start coming off the tracks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This big ass box, with a pallet at the bottom. They have it on a pallet jack and the bigger of the two start spinning it around trying to get it on the lift. One hand on the pallet jack, and one hand gingerly on the big ass metal thing in the box. The other little guy was off taking care of his phone that was ringing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) The little guy comes back and starts lowering the lift.... jerking it all the way. Thought the thing was going to come tumbling off right there.

They get it to the ground. Now, remember all of those cars that I moved out of the driveway? Did they even think of parking the truck in the driveway? Nope. Compressor in the street. They then remove the pallet jack and I'm kind of scratching my head. Now you have to realize that this gigantic box has the following plastered in big letters all around it..... "WARNING: TOP HEAVY". Along with a nice host of pictures that indicated that you should not use a hand truck. So what do they grab? Yup... here comes the hand truck. They throw it under, pull out the straps (gotta remember safety here kids) and strap the thing up. Now in our neighborhood, we have what I call roll-over curbs. Not the old school vertical curbs. I watch with my arms crossed as they tip this thing back and exclaim..... "Damn this thing is top heavy" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) Now I would have taken this as a clue to stop and eval the situation. Nope. They tip it again and struggle to heft it over the roll-over curb. So they get it over the curb and into the grass. Then they try and do a little turn to get it onto the concrete driveway (hmm...might roll a little bit better there). Struggle... turn... struggle...turn.... fall....crash. Onto the concrete it goes. Delivery person #1 laying on their back saying.... "I can't believe that just happened". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) Hell I saw that happening before the thing was even off the truck.

Proud of myself..... I didn't yell. Didn't curse. All I said was..... "and Back on the truck it goes."

Maybe manufactures should start putting those little recording boxes inside of the carton that just keeps saying..... Hey moron, don't use a hand truck, this thing is really top heavy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

We'll see how they do on round two.

Mike

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
stepuptotheMike   OT: Morons at Lowe's   Jun 7 2010, 08:06 AM
Gigamight   I am sympathetic of your pain/frustration, and emp...   Jun 7 2010, 08:13 AM
stepuptotheMike   Damn my car looks good out in the sun :D   Jun 7 2010, 08:14 AM
RobW   :lol4: Be happy you were home to watch it because ...   Jun 7 2010, 08:16 AM
Tom_T   :lol4: Be happy you were home to watch it because...   Jun 7 2010, 03:20 PM
Vacca Rabite   Good on you for getting a nice big compressor. Ev...   Jun 7 2010, 08:16 AM
stepuptotheMike   Good on you for getting a nice big compressor. E...   Jun 7 2010, 08:23 AM
Root_Werks   :rolleyes:   Jun 7 2010, 08:54 AM
carr914   Hopefully Rd II goes better. After that your life ...   Jun 7 2010, 09:10 AM
736conver   What no pictures of said morons laying on the grou...   Jun 7 2010, 10:54 AM
URY914   Take pics during round II.   Jun 7 2010, 11:13 AM
URY914   There is a reason these guys aren't in med sch...   Jun 7 2010, 11:19 AM
ClayPerrine   There is a reason these guys aren't in med sc...   Jun 7 2010, 11:37 AM
GeorgeRud   I treated myself to one of these big mother compre...   Jun 7 2010, 11:31 AM
Vacca Rabite   They're not kidding, these things are heavy a...   Jun 7 2010, 11:36 AM
carr914   They're not kidding, these things are heavy ...   Jun 7 2010, 11:54 AM
736conver   :agree: I never took my 80 gallon off the pallet...   Jun 7 2010, 12:02 PM
Vacca Rabite   I was tempted to do that (just leave it on the pal...   Jun 7 2010, 12:02 PM
dlee6204   Forget pictures. Take video and add circus mus...   Jun 7 2010, 12:04 PM
6freak   Forget pictures. Take video and add circus mu...   Jun 7 2010, 12:18 PM
carr914   The Universe didn't come to an end, but the co...   Jun 7 2010, 12:07 PM
tomeric914   Before you take delivery on #2, check Harbor Freig...   Jun 7 2010, 12:54 PM
stepuptotheMike   So round two went better than round one. I still ...   Jun 7 2010, 01:38 PM
URY914   I bet there are a lot of compressors for sale at t...   Jun 7 2010, 01:48 PM
RobW   All's well that ends well? or should we wait u...   Jun 7 2010, 01:52 PM
vsg914   Your 4" thick driveway is not meant for heavy...   Jun 7 2010, 02:39 PM
Tom_T   Your 4" thick driveway is not meant for heav...   Jun 7 2010, 03:27 PM
davep   Good move putting the Porsche in another driveway,...   Jun 7 2010, 02:50 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:49 AM