Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> TPS not clicking injectors at key-on, am I missing something here?
rettigdw914
post Jul 27 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,774

I'll take any help I can get on this one. I had issues with the car bucking/ low power when driving, even to the point where power just goes away and lucky to get it home. Alot of popping from the exhaust like it is running lean.
I replaced my points with a compufire module which improved the starting but still have issues off idle.
Fuel pressure = 29 psi on the rail.
Timing is set at 27 deg. BTDC.

While troubleshooting, I noticed the info from Pbanders site about throttle switch calibration. I calibrated the switch and cleaned the contacts with alcohol and a pencil eraser on two different tps's.
I connected the tps and checked resistance at the ECU connectoer per the table on his site.
Between 9 and gnd - 10 indications on continuity
Between 20 and gnd - 10 indications on continuity
Between 17 and gnd - 0 ohms closed throttle, infinite open throttle

these all check out. I even checked the harness for all 4 wires back to the ECU and it is good.

When I key-on, I dont hear the 20 injector clicks I expectwhen I move throttle from closed to full open.
I even used two different ECU's one from a '73 2.0L and one from a '72, neither seemed to work.

This one has me stumped. Do I need to rotate the engine to get on a trigger contact or something?

BTW I have a '73 1.7
Thanks Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:25 AM