Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clogged idle jet?, uneven idle, popping while driving.
VaccaRabite
post Aug 19 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Tonight I rescued my car from my inlaws driveway. It has been there for two weeks, and we have had HEAVY rains nearly every night. I had an umbrella cover on it, but water still found its way into the engine compartment.

So when I start it, it is hard to start. I figure its just mad at me for abandoning it for 2 weeks. I get it started, and it is idling perfect. I take it for a drive to the gas station, and when I come to the first light the engine tries to die. I get gas, and bring it back to my inlaws for dinner. When I park, I let it idle. It will be idling perfect at 1000, and then drop off and sound like it is only running on 2 cylinders. If I blip the throttle, it goes back to 1000 for a few seconds, and then drops back and starts missing again.

When I drove home (~30 miles) its popping through the carbs like crazy when I am on the idle circuit. Give it gas, and the popping goes away.

So, what is it? Clogged idle jet is my guess. Probably not water in the gas after a 45 minute drive. Water messing with some other thing?

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:52 AM