Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> They tried to hit my 914 again, The Bastge looked right at me
msglaigaie
post Sep 12 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #1

msglaigaie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,761
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

""I do believe that our cars are invisible to shitty drivers and the more lighting the better. I can't tell you how many times I have been worried about getting rear ended."" qoute by kq6

I am calmed down now. I was driving the 914 yesterday, doing about 35mph, in broad daylight. An SUV stopped at a stop sign on my right. I looked at him and made eye contact. As I got within 30 ft of his side street, the Bastige decided he would pull out in front of me and make a left turn. Ahhh what to do now?? I flashed on the teener other NW driver that went under an SUV just recently, I flashed on the same accident happend to me 5 yrs ago. What I did was to downshift to second (bit of a grind as I shifted faster than I clutched), brake and swerve to avoid him. When I stopped I was facing in the opposite direction and in the opposite lane. Two other cars were in the middle of all this, but they stopped in time to not enter the kill zone. I look up at the other driver and HE IS DRIVING AWAY. Yes I chased him, he pulled over about three miles away from the scene. Seems like the 22 yr old young man was late for work, was soory, said he thought I was alright and again told me he was late for work. I informed him that I was calling the police and did that very thing. I made a police report and the Officer intimated the vehicle did not belong to the 22 yr old, it was mom and dads. He visited them later last night to inform them of the sons "leaving the scene"
No damage to the 914, but I really had to work at not dragging his goat smelling butt out of the SUV and beating a memory into him.

OK, I am done ranting. I have driven/piloted everything from a renault daupine to an OH-58 helicopter and the only thing I get hit in is a 914.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:18 AM