Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Could mixture be too rich because of bad injection valve?
velum
post Sep 18 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,135
Region Association: None

Hi!

I am at lost with my '73 914-4 2.0L FI system... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) I changed the MPS and calibrated the new one based on the old one (because it was from a 1.7L engine. The old one leaked a bit too much), I changed the wire harness, and I changed injection valve seals, but my engine is not running properly... it sounds irregular a bit like a 2 stoke engine... maybe my engine is running only on 3 cylinders... But my four spark plugs are completely black, so I conclude that the mixture is too rich. I was gonna check my injection valve, but then I started wondering whether a bad injection valve could cause the 4 spark plugs to be black... I don't think so, but I am asking. I played with my MPS inner adjustment screw, and I could get the engine to run a bit better (ie to sound less like it is gonna stall), but then I measured the number of Henrys the coil is giving me, and it way off what I assumed it should be.

My main question here is whether the injection valves could be at fault. And I would like to know if you have any suggestion about what to test next.

Cheers!

JF
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:34 AM