Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> carb air leak?, occasioally surging idle
VaccaRabite
post Sep 22 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I am having a weird issue with my carbs.

They will go along fine at 1100 RPM idle all day. Suddenly I will stop at a sign or red light and the idle will climb from 1100 to 1700 and my car will start making unsynced carb noises. Sometimes it will settle back town if I tap the gas peddle, sometimes not. Once the idle surges, it will be like that for a while when I stop, and then it will suddenly drop back down to 1100 RPM and and behave nicely.

I am guessing that I have an intermittant air leak in one of my carbs. Anything else I need to be looking at?

My theories, in order of what I think is likely:
1) air leak somewhere
2) gas leaking past the inlet valve
3) weirdness with the linkage

I have not been able to recreate the issue at home, its always when I am on the road so I don't yet know which carb is acting up. Its worse if I am driving the car hard, but will happen when I am just cruising around town some too.

Ideas?

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:21 PM