Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.8 L-Jet won't start
tracer
post Oct 16 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,405
Region Association: Northern California

This is great.. Replaced rear main seal and now engine will not start and stay running. Symptom is similar to vacuum leak (major) like if you remove the oil filler cap while it's running. 1. All electrical connections and vacuum connections are connected and seem to be good. I didn't drop engine to replace the seal, I just removed transmission and replaced from bottom so can't figure out this problem. I did remove the S-tube from mass air sensor to butterfly and have had it off 5 more times since this started checking for cracks and such. ll is good there. It acts like if you forget to plug the air flow sensor cable on and then try to start, runs for 1/2 second then dies. Checked all injectors and all are firing. Checked resistor pack, good, double relay picking and good. Have fuel to the rails and good pressure. metered cable from air sensor to ecu and all good. So why won't this engine run. Any help would be appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 12:50 PM